I guess I'm just going to have to lower my standards as far as what to expect from certain people. I think I'd be a lot less aggravated if I did this! If you don't expect much, you don't get disappointed as much. Good grief.
I wish Ken and I had more time to help with Seth's extracurricular stuff. We were so lucky to get a FANTASTIC basketball coach (and his wife that helped so much). Why can't everybody put in even HALF that much effort when they do something? Even if it's volunteer work? I mean, good grief, I cleaned toilets and swept the concourse for the Tulsa Drillers during summers in college, but even then I did a good job and didn't slack around. Even the management noticed and thanked me time and time again. I was "just doing my job" in my eyes.
Come on. Do a good job...no matter if it's cleaning toilets or volunteering or whatever. I think it speaks volumes of a person's character (seeing how they do volunteer work, or what isn't important in the world's eyes). If you don't have time to volunteer, DON'T DO IT.
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment