Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ooooooh if I had the money! (and an extra garage)



(And this is, apparently, a real car...not a photoshopped image!!)

Why this particular color just makes me smile is beyond me. I have a Pampered Chef knife and cutting board this color and I love it.

Probably about 99% of the world hates this color. That's another thing....what's the deal with people hating pink? I don't mean like "Gee, I don't care for pink." I understand that....but I mean, HATE! What's that all about? There's probably not another color in the world (except for "puke green", as in pea green) that people feel so strongly about. I mean, come on....it's a COLOR people! R-E-L-A-X. I've known more than one woman in my life that was just revolted by anything pink! (To me, it's almost like a guy that's totally revolted by sports...."Ewwww football! I HATE football!") hehe

AH....Oprah moment...Maybe I get it....it's that way with me with a certain color of burnt orange....because it's "Texass" Longhorn orange and, well, I'm a Sooner so I am destined to hate Longhorns. (LOL) But I mean, I still "do" orange at Halloween. Not like I have convulsions at the sight of anything orangish. Interesting. I could do a whole thesis on this. I just might someday. "The Psychology of Color....Why Some Women Hate Pink". Oooh. I likey.

Quote from http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandperception/a/color_pink.htm:

Pink is essentially a light red and is usually associated with love and romance.
Pink is thought to have a calming effect. One shade known as “drunk-tank pink” is sometimes used in prisons to calm inmates. Sports teams sometimes paint the opposing teams locker room pink to keep the players passive and less energetic.
While pink’s calming effect has been demonstrated, researchers of color psychology have found that this effect only occurs during the initial exposure to the color. When used in prisons, inmates often become even more agitated once they become accustomed to the color.

Veddy, veddy innnnteresting! And here's this.....

Quote from http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html about pink (this is all they had, just mostly did "main" colors):

The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy.

In my humble opinion, I would think a light pink would be more "tranquilizing" than "bright pink"....what are they thinking?

Anyways, SO...in this website's opinion, pink is "romantic" and "tranquilizing". Hmmmmmmm. So I'm a lover not a fighter, then? ;)

No comments: