Friday, December 08, 2006

Old picture...what memories!


This is what I found at the top of the stairs one evening! (Check out that raspberry pink carpet...yikes!) I was so afraid he'd roll down the stairs, but he never did. He just wanted to hear our voices before he went to sleep. Awww!

There are days when I wish I could just turn back the clock and be cocooned in that "toddler time"...past the diapers but before school started. Sometimes I even wish I could go back to the "baby time" if just for the simplicity of the whole thing. I think that's why a lot of women have babies again...for that feeling. Hmm...that time when nothing is expected of you except keeping that baby alive everyday! LOL (Of course, if you already have a child, I suspect you never can get back that true "cocoon" feel when you have just one baby...that's a special time.) I enjoy looking back sometimes, but I wouldn't trade my current Seth for the baby Seth. He's such a good boy! (And so funny...what a sense of humor that little goob has!)

Anyway, I think that's what I miss...the simplicity of life back then. No spelling tests, nothing to "get ready for" (school, camping, programs, etc.). I actually do enjoy it, but I also get tired of it all every once in a while, especially when things get overwhelmingly busy and then I get sick or something!

It's easy to wallow in the past, but I think every once in a while it's good to look back and remember the good times. I savor the memories, but enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

No comments: