"Everything's Just Fine!"
Yep, that's what the chipper nurse told me over the phone re: my numerous tests. I just said "Thanks" and didn't even bother to explain anything. That no, everything's NOT just fine. I don't FEEL just fine. My body doesn't feel just fine. Something isn't RIGHT. But no, it's not just fine.
So I've taken it upon myself to educate myself on more alternative ways to heal myself. It's obvious that regular medicine isn't the answer. You might be one point away from abnormal, but in their minds, "everything's just fine!" and "you're in the normal range". Don't look at the full picture or anything, just stare at the (probably one of hundreds) of test results and declare everything's just fine and move along to the next.
Should I expect a doctor to take into account that after only 20 minutes of a workout, that I'm so exhausted and fatigued that I sleep for HOURS and HOURS afterwards - in the middle of the day? Nah. I'm sure that's normal.
I'm too tired to list everything else, but that's a good example.
I've come really close to the edge - I've almost completely given up on everything. When you go through it, you understand. It's not a "oh gee, I had a rough day, I'm tired". It's a "I can't hardly move any part of my body and I'm about to fall asleep and it's only 9:00am" tired. But "everything's just fine!"
Give me a break.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment