Thursday, February 01, 2007

Working Girl?


My brain is really fried right now. A position in church has come up, one that I thought of applying for before. Now that it's available again, I'm freaking out wondering whether to jump into the working world again or not. I know it sounds so easy to people that are "out there" in the working world already...but to someone like me, who's been out of the loop for a long time, it's a big step.

Part of me wants to stay being a stay-at-home mom, Cub Scout Leader, Choir Director, etc., which I'm really good at by the way. :) That's my identity now. Part of me wants to step out and try this. The truth? I'm a little afraid. Actually...I'm a LOT afraid! I have a huge fear of failure when it comes to "career" stuff. I guess it's because I worked my whole young life in school, then when The Big Job came after college, it was awesome...but the organization was corrupt and I ended up quitting, and I guess that just soured me on the whole idea of "work hard = be happy" thing.

And, of course, I was JUST getting over all that....I'm so happy with my life....everything's going great....busy with Scouts, church, directing choir, then BOOM! This opportunity comes up! *sigh* Of course, the money would REALLY be great....and it's only part-time....and it's flexible....and the former worker is a friend and will be there if I have questions....and I can bring Seth to work if I have to....there's really no reason NOT to except for my own fears.

So with all that...I think I'll turn in my resume, and just leave it up to God! Yikes!

No comments: