...I really can't seem to get all the planets aligned around here! Okay, so the c-pap thing is working, but now that I have/had a cold, that slows progress. Grr!
As far as doctors, etc - I think I'm just going to play it by ear. I'll go to Dr. Snarky since 1) he's on the health plan and b) he *did* order the sleep lab which is really helping out.
I think it's that whole thing of expectations. In a church class about depression, they said that a lot of people have these high expectations, and when they aren't met, you feel let down. I didn't think that was me, but then I really thought about it.
I mean, really, here's an example - you go to a doctor, you expect a normal amount of respect and good advice. Okay, then you go, and you get a snarky jerk who ignores the main reason you've come. There's the let down.
So now, I guess the thing is to just literally expect the worst and hope for the best! Sounds pessimistic, but hey, it works. Same with friends - I guess I've always had such high expectations, and when I get let down, I'm like "See - thanks a lot! Now get off my planet!"
I know I have unrealistic expectations for everything - but aren't you supposed to "want the best" for your life? Is it too much to want your house to be neat? Your son to put things away? Your husband to help out with the child?
So where's the happy medium? I guess it's just doing your best...day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if you have to (and I do sometimes!).
So - I hope for a good night's sleep - I'll try not to expect to be completely refreshed, but if I am, woohoo!
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment