Someone got into my PayPal account and over $900 was taken out of our bank account. Great.
Apparently, the eBay listing the payment is linked to is real (looks real, anyway, it's in the U.K.) I guess the buyer (also from the U.K.) was just lucky to hack into my account. So Ken had to open a new checking account and all that....having to tell the bank all our outstanding checks and debits so we can close down our checking account....no one will do a stop payment on this thing, it's just allowed to go through. THEN we'll have to do all the paperwork. Yippee.
I don't understand that....why is it that you can do a stop payment on a check, but charges are just allowed to sit there and be "pending" for days and they can just do nothing?! PayPal needs the affidavit on real paper in the mail before they'll do anything. Meanwhile, we're out the money. I really, really hope this turns out okay. We really need prayers right now.
I'm not getting any sleep and that's affecting everything else in my life. I do okay for a while then I start thinking about everything and get depressed again. I mean, come on, we're tithing to our church (actually, MORE than tithing), we've given up our cell phones and are donating that amount for our new building...I'm volunteering my time every week to the children's choirs...I let people in when there's traffic...come on!
Yeah, I know, it "rains both on the just and the wicked". Right now, I just wish the wicked didn't have umbrellas.
I know a lot of people want to be rich. I'd like the money just so I could give it to church and other causes, and be able to TRAVEL wherever I wanted! I've never been back to Germany where I was born...I see pictures on the net and sometimes it just pains me that I can't see it in person right now (esp. when things aren't going well, of course). I really envy those that get to travel. I have been really lucky to go some neat places....Hawaii, Cancun, Redwoods, Oregon Coast, West Virginia, Washington D.C. , Florida. So really, I guess I can't complain...it's just when things get depressing (like someone stealing your money, you know)...I wish I could just pack up and go. Always wanted to drive on the Autobahn....someday, someday!
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment